DIII Umpire Incident/Ejection/Suspension Report
Note: Online submission of this form is intended only for use by umpires working a Division III game.
Procedure to follow after an ejection/suspension:
1. The ejecting umpire shall call his conference coordinator immediately after the game to report any ejection or incident.
2. For "Send To" select coordinator responsible for the conference of the institution responsible for assigning umpires to the game. That coordinator will then forward the report to the offending team's coordinator (if different). The conference coordinator(s) is responsible to forward the report to their respective conference administrator. It is the responsibility of the conference administrator to forward the report to the applicable institution's director of athletics.
3. If there is a suspension, the appropriate suspension information must be completed in full on the report.
4. If there is a suspension, the head coach, acting head coach and game management administrator MUST be notified at the time of the suspension.
5. If an ejection occurs during the NCAA Division III post season, the ejecting umpire must submit this report and contact the DIII National Coordinator by telephone immediately.
Division III National Coordinator
1. For “Email Address and “Phone Number” enter reporting umpire information. Please be careful to submit accurate information.
2. For “Send To” select coordinator responsible for the conference of the institution
responsible for assigning umpires to the game. That coordinator will then forward to the offending team’s coordinator (if different) who will forward to the conference administrator and institution’s director of athletics.
3. When you hit “Submit,” the coordinator will receive a copy and you will receive a confirmation email which may then be forwarded to anyone else who needs to see the report. Copies will automatically be sent to National Coordinator, Director of Umpire Training and Secretary-Rules Editor.
Date of Game
Start Time of Game
Location of Game
Telephone Contact Information
Date Report Was Completed
Time Report Was Completed
Send Report to DIII Conference Coordinator
Select Coordinator Below
Don Umland (DIII National Coordinator - Please select if your coordinator isn't listed below.)
Name of Home Plate Umpire
Name of First Base Umpire
Name of Second Base Umpire
Name of Third Base Umpire
Names of Players/Coaches/Personnel EJECTED (Include Full Names, Uniform Numbers, Titles):
Team and Conference of Players/Coaches/Personnel EJECTED:
Choose the single aspect that BEST describes the cause of the Ejections(s):
Select Cause of Ejection Below
Throwing at Batter
Was an official warning (by rule) given before this ejection?
Please select below:
No (If no, please explain in the comment box below)
If you answered "No" above, please explain here:
Was this a Post Participation Ejection?
Was there a Suspension(s) issued per NCAA Rules?
If there was a Suspension(s) issued, list the Names and Uniform Numbers of persons suspended:
IF there was a Suspension(s) issued, choose the aspect(s) that BEST describes the cause(s) of the Suspension(s) that you issued per NCAA Rules: (check ALL suspensions that apply):
Rule 2-26-C, Appendix D: Post Participation Ejection (Suspension: 2 games, 1 game Head Coach, 4 games Pitcher)
Rule 2-26-F: Other than the HC, Ejection; (Suspension: 1 game, First offense; 4 games Pitcher)
Rule 2-26-H: Prolonged Arguing or Unsporstsmanlike Conduct FOLLOWING an Ejection (Suspension 2 games)
Rule 3-6-D, Notes 2 and 3: Failure to leave sight and sound following an Ejection (Suspension 3 games)
Rule 5-16a: Fighting (Ejection plus Suspension 4 games for first offense)
Rule 5-16b: Physical Abuse of game official (Ejection plus Suspension 4 games for first offense)
Rule 5-16c: Leaving position to participate in a Fight (Ejection plus Suspension 4 games)
Rule 5-16d and 9-2g: Intentionally Throwing at Batter (Suspension 4 games for pitcher for first offense, 1 for coach if previously warned)
Give a DETAILED and COMPLETE account of situation that led to the Ejection(s):
Give a DETAILED and COMPLETE account of what happened on the field after the Ejection(s):
If a Warning(s) was issued prior to the Ejection, please state when and how each was issued and the response of those warned:
If a Warning(s) was issued after the Ejection but prior to any Suspension(s), please state when and how each was issued and the response of those warned:
Did all Ejected and Suspended personnel stay out of sight and sound after the incident?
No (3 game supension) Explain below:
Provide Name, Team affiliation, when and how any notifications of Suspensions were provided (required at time of suspension):
Procedure to follow after an ejection or suspension:
1. The umpire crew shall notify the head coach of the ejection and/or suspension, either personally or through the home team game management administrator on site before the crew leaves the playing site.
2. If a situation occurs after the last out OR WINNING RUN to end a game and this conduct would result in an ejection during the normal course of play, the umpire/crew chief will issue a POST PARTICIPATION EJECTION.
3. The ejecting umpire shall call his conference coordinator/assignor immediately after the game to report any ejection or suspension.
4. The ejecting umpire shall file the NCAA ejection report on www.ncaabaseball.arbitersports.com within 8 hours after the completion of the contest.
For clarification, an individual serving a suspension is not allowed to:
a) Once pregame activities begin (infield, batting practice, etc…) be in the stadium or on the field;
b) Be dressed in game uniform;
c) Communicate with umpires at any time, or with any team personnel until after the conclusion of the game.
I agree to follow these procedures.
Do Not Fill This Out